Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sketch dump

Was unable to access the scanner until today. Behold, the Moleskine insanity:

This is an odd montage of sketches. The arrow-headed-geese-like-things up top are something I made from notes on my legal pad. I somehow made an arrow into a bird and thought it was kind of neat. On the bottom right is a little tree-doodle of the fake tree in the waiting area by my desk. The final, weird, Pokemon/mouse looking thing was a creature put together from the abstract painting directly opposite of me on the wall. I slightly altered the placement of the painting's elements and got that little creature.


Here's a horrible webcam still of the painting I was talking about. If you squint at it for a while and drink a few shots of alcohol, you can kind of see how that little creature came to be. Kay, moving on...


I wanted to try a shot at Illustration Friday, and this week's word is "island". This is just one concept sketch, which again didn't turn out too well because of the lightness of my sketch lines. All those unidentifiable scribbles surrounding the girl are people walking by, going about their routine. I was going for a feel of "isolation" which I got from the "island" concept.. but I think it may have come out as "emo", I don't know. I like the girl anyway because she sort of reflected my mood at the time I drew her. Need a reference picture so I can fix her arms/hands.


This was my first attempt at the "island" theme. It was so generic I think I had to do it simply to get it out of my system. I hated the fact that such a boring sketch had it's own page in my book, so in frustration I drew a set of jaws coming up to swallow the stupid drawing. After a few seconds, I realized the gaping maw quite randomly belonged to a familiar character...


Speaking of stupid (as in stupid funny), I saw this episode of Family Guy last night and can't get the part Peter sings out of my head. Curse you, Seth MacFarlane.



"HehHehHehHehHehHeh, and then another HehHehHehHehHeh..."

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Cheese!

Scoob said...

These are great. I like the original island sketch just cuz its good to remind myself that everyone else has an obvious drawing in them that they need to get out. Its not just me!

I miss drawing with you guys...