Thursday, March 8, 2007

Studio Session #2

The drawing studio was packed this Tuesday. It was a lot noisier, and a lot smokier. Finding a good spot to draw from was a bit difficult, and my view was continuously obstructed by a gentleman peering out from an easel (but his renderings were great to watch). This session's theme was the 1920's and, appropriately, the booze and jazz were a flowin'. By the way, trying to draw someone who has downed a few drinks is a fun challenge. They don't stay still quite so long.

My scanner really didn't like this last drawing. I played with the settings for over an hour, got frustrated, and finally just accepted this scan. Blah. Anywho, I plan on taking this sketch into Corel for some correction and coloring.

At the next session, I think I'm going to spend some time doing more simple gestural sketches of the people around me to warm up. The costumed models and props are great, but I'd really like some short, simple poses to get started and find my groove. Maybe the nudity happens after people drink for a bit longer.

1 comment:

Scoob said...

I really like that last one! Very nice line quality